Today we discussed the 5 main ones and then applied them to a game of human solitaire! It was a fantastic way to put many of the strategies into action. We even tied in Habits of Mind, Multiple Intelligences and Reading Comprehension strategies! Not too bad we thought - if we do say so ourselves.
The 5 main Problem Solving Strategies are...
- Guess (this includes guess and check, guess and improve)
- Act It Out (act it out and use equipment)
- Draw (this includes drawing pictures and diagrams)
- Make a List (this includes making a table)
- Think (this includes using skills you know already)
If you want to read more about these and look at some examples, the check out
There's some fantastic examples on this site.
Some of us in action today. (Just wait for tomorrow's challenge!!!!) Help your child by asking them about the strategies and how they are applying them in their learning.
|If they can stop laughing, they'll get it!|
|Yep, they're getting there - still laughing though! :-)|